Observations of Driving
1. Passive drivers will never get anywhere.
2. Drivers are concerned only with their vehicles; sideview mirrors are on vehicles, but one doesn’t look in them to see if they’re being passed.
3. Horns are used in lieu of signal lights. This is “honk if you’re passing someone” so they know to move over a bit. Large trucks even have things painted on them about ensuring you beep if you’re going to pass them.
4. “An Indian driver needs four eyes; two in front, and one on each side.” – Deepak, our driver from Delhi up to Mussoorie
5. Lanes are guidelines. Really vague, rough guidelines. Passing suggestions, even.